Brian BlumensteinM.D. Request An Appointment
- Undergraduate: B.S. Physiology, with Honors, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 1984 Elected into Phi Beta Kappa 1983
- Medical Education: University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 1985-1989
- Residency – Internal Medicine: Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 1989-1992
- Fellowship – Gastroenterology: Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI 1992-1994
- Selected as Chief Fellow-additional year of advanced training in therapeutic endoscopy 1994-1995
- Diplomat American Board of Internal Medicine 1991
- Diplomat American Board of Gastroenterology 1995
Dr. Blumenstein has expertise in all areas of gastroenterology. He has a particular interest in liver and biliary tract disease, treatment of Barrett’s esophagus, inflammatory bowel disease as well as colon cancer.
Dr. Blumenstein has performed more than twenty thousand endoscopic procedures. He is skilled in the latest treatment for Barrett’s esophagus: Radio Frequency Ablation (HALO), as well as ERCP for diseases of the bile ducts and gallstones. Dr. Blumenstein strives to practice the highest quality of medical care with a focus on individual patient needs.
Dr. Blumenstein has been in practice since 1995 and is accepting new patients.
- American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American College of Physicians